JOB TITLE: Accounting Director/Controller
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
Coordinating and supervising all accounting clerks/specialists in the areas of general accounting, accounts payable, payroll and charges. Preparation of periodical financial statements and monthly management reports. General and Cost Accounting.
B.S. Degree in Accounting preferred
Hospital accounting preferred
10 Key and PC computer experience
- Works 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, additional as needed.
- Supervise all areas of accounts payable and payroll to ensure correct and timely payment to vendors and employees.
- Supervise and maintain records for; capital assets, depreciation; and capital leases. Enter items in fixed asset computer system and reconcile.
- Measure and evaluate actual performance against important standards in order to help departmental Directors in controlling operations and accomplishing the operational plan. This function includes: Compile and interpret departmental costs and statistics. Continuing audit of all accounts and records.
- Costing and reporting of physical inventories at least twice annually.
- Direct compilation of data to the general ledger and the preparation of financial and operating reports. Distribute reports timely-monthly.
- Monitor daily posting of batches from subsystems, evaluating and resolving errors. Enter misc. cash into Meditech.
- Manage the annual audit. Reconcile all balance sheet accounts, prepare supporting documentation, and prepare journal entries as needed. Agree CRH records to the auditors.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to accrue necessary items with the goal of minimizing year-end adjustments.
- Assist in budget process, including preparation of budget work papers.
- Reconcile bank accounts and subsystems to the G/L monthly.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer in departmental administration and special projects as assignedSECONDARY FUNCTIONS
- Participate in hospital wide committees.
- Prepare Performance Improvement plan and submit reports as required.