Works under the supervision of the Manager IT Applications. Coordinates the development and maintenance of Meditech and various other applications. Constantly looking for workflow improvements and efficiency gains for organization staff. Manages and helps implement requests for system changes on all assigned modules or applications. Participates in the development and improvement of operational workflow and processes in assigned areas. Assist in the discovery and implementation of new technologies to improve patient care, finances or efficiency within the hospital. Assist the organization in the development of necessary reporting procedures for clinical, financial, quality, and information transparency. Performs other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Develops positive working relationships with all departments/managers/staff physicians and employees while working independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions for the organization. Represents department and organization needs in the configuration and implementation of Meditech and other assigned applications.
- Develops and maintains detailed technical documentation for the health system applications. Participates in efforts toward maintaining components of the financial and operational information systems, including revisions, testing system changes, and integration of changes into the operational environment.
- Constantly strives to provide the highest level of customer service as well as following up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved. Communicates user needs to vendors and demonstrates effective vendor follow-up as it applies to the efficient operation of the department/service line.
- Utilizes current knowledge of business and financial workflow and/or practice management to develop documentation, processes and workflows for Meditech and other assigned applications while constantly learning and maintaining the big picture of how systems operate globally. Constantly strives to identify opportunities to improve security, data integrity, reporting, and workflows.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values and ethics of the organization and department while complying with the hospital’s corporate compliance program including, but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital policies and procedures. Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care and/or financial practices. Must be willing to participate in the On Call schedule and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Care or related field, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- At least two (2) years of health care or finance/accounting experience and two (2) years analyst experience supporting an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and working with clinical users to determine their needs and manage the changes to those specifications, including troubleshooting systems issues and modifying applications.
- Current certification and/or proficiency in an EMR system preferred with Meditech 6.15/Expanse experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and bring order to ambiguous situations
- Ability to multi-task while relaying technical information to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability with exceptional customer service skills.
- Likes to work in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity to operate computer. Must possess strong PC skills working within an integrated clinical systems environment.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Requires full range of body motion, including lifting and carrying of supplies and computer related hardware weighing up to 20 lbs on a daily basis; requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Exposure to Hazards: OSHA CATEGORY III. TASKS THAT INVOLVE NO EXPOSURE TO BLOOD, BODY FLUIDS, OR TISSUES, AND CATEGORY I TASKS ARE NOT A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid or to be potentially exposed in some other way. Tasks that involve handling of implements or utensils, use of public or shared bathroom facilities or telephones, and personal contacts such as handshaking are Category III Tasks.
Location: Campbell County Health · CCMH IT ADMINISTRAT
Schedule: Full Time, Days