Chief Financial Officer
Job Overview: We are seeking a dynamic CFO, to join our executive team in developing the strategy to support rapid growth and plans. GEI/Synenergy is an emerging (CTL/CTC and Coal to Products) We are engaged in R&D of carbon capture/storage and other technologies, as well as the production of liquids and chemicals all produced utilizing coal as a feedstock. We are using technology that lowers carbon emissions. As an integral part of the team, the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO)/ Controller will be responsible for strategic financial planning & modeling, building out a strong finance and accounting organization, and being a core stakeholder in developing the company's short and long-term strategy, investment capital/venture capital activities. You will have ownership over capital funding, investor relations. You will work closely with the CEO, President, and Executive Team in setting proper goals for the business as we grow.
You have operating experience working in a high growth marketplace environment and previous experience in finance, capital raising, DOD/DOE, and IPO, development of business plans to support GEI/Synenergy projects and non-profits. The dynamic individual selected for this position must have a proven track record in one or more of the following areas oil & gas, coal mining, clean coal technology,( CTL/CTC Technology) desired. If you don't have experience in this technology, training will be provided, exploration industry, medium to large scale enterprise, You will work closely with the CEO and Founder. We are in the start-up phase of our project, bring your winning attitude, A game, experience and expertise to this critical position. The position will start out as a 1099/contract position which could which could grow into a full time salaried leadership position that will manage 1+ accounting team members. Full time employees will receive medical, dental, vision, and profit sharing benefits and matching 401k.
You will work out of our Gillette, Wyoming office. Position will start 02 Nov. 2020. We are seeking team members who are forward thinkers, innovators who want to do more than fill a position. We value you as a person, professional and team member. If you know you have what it takes to be a team member submit your cover letter and resume along with any copies of educational transcripts, certificates, diplomas, degrees, references (3-4) Professional and (4) personal. There is a (Zero) tolerance for drug and alcohol use. If you have an arrest record, were incarcerated, or currently under litigation. Please attach another page with a summary of when, where and type of infraction. All information will be kept private and confidential. An infraction will not exclude you from the hiring process. If it is found that information was withheld and it is revealed later should you become a full time employee, it will be cause for immediate dismissal.
We promote and want to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and guest. You will be required to sign an (NCNDA) Non-Compete/Non-Disclosure Agreement and background check. You will be handling and privy to proprietary, private and sensitive information. Thank you for taking the time to consider us as an employer and team member. Compensation will be discussed should you be invited to interview. Due to the overwhelming interest in this position, we will contact you only if you have been selected to move forward in the interviewing process. We look forward to meeting and working with you. Please don't contact us directly, utilize the link provided.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Your key role will include managing the financial operation, developing strategic and tactical financial plans, and collaborating with top management to grow the business.
- Provide financial leadership and reporting for the company including financial, operations and banking reports, tax returns and filings, financial statements, periodic reconciliations with a foreign entity, forecasts, and other meaningful and understandable reports.
- Provide overall strategic and tactical financial leadership including budgets, variances, cash flow, projections, cash efficiency, revenue timing, capturing value, identifying cost savings, accounting, tax planning, risk management, asset management, insurance, credit, investments, pricing, financial planning, analysis, external relationships, providing solutions, and collaborating with top management to make informed financial decisions.
- Develop, operate and continuously improve an internal system of strong financial management, key performance metrics, tracking, analysis, and accounting controls to ensure efficient monitoring of financial performance and safeguard of financial assets and information, suggest improvements, and provide financial insights for corporate decisions for operations, production, R&D, capital structure, growth, and investments.
- Establish control policies, cost savings, guidelines, and procedures to optimize all finance and accounting activities throughout the organization.
- Establish and strengthen external relationships with all stakeholders, insurers, IRS, the Department of Labor, and other regulatory compliance to ensure optimum corporate and production financial structure.
- Manage the financial activities and personnel to form a high performing, high morale, and results-oriented team with maximum contribution from each person and ensure succession plan.
- Collaborate to manage all employee compensation, incentives, and benefits including affordable health care, benefits, and 401k compliance.
- Effective use and optimization of all resources, assets, and technology including implementing robust financial software. Development of possible IPO or employee investment plan.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team to assess and model short-term and long-term growth plans, operational goals, departmental budgets, and forecasts.
- Lead the company's financing efforts and ensure the business maintains an optimized capital structure. Lead future fundraising rounds with the CEO, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors
- Play a key role in developing the company's corporate structure related to growth and potential IPO. Plans should take into consideration long-term tax strategies.
- Serve as the leadership liaison to the Board of Directors effectively communicate and present critical financial and strategic matters at meetings.
- Improve internal controls, accounting standards, enhance processes and reporting capabilities, including forecasting to ensure rapid growth and expansion.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure delivery against KPIs, business plans, financial models, and budgets.
- Lead, develop, and promote a culture of high performance and continuous learning among the Finance and Accounting team members.
- Drive functional teams to achieve significant business growth while capturing cost efficiencies and implement cost management processes.
- Collaborate with other Executives in Sales & Marketing and Operations to build hiring plans, forecast salary/commission/bonus compensation, assist with payroll activities and architect employee stock options.
- Convey a strong organizational leadership presence that represents the Company.
- Above average experience using MS Office, Super Human Excel Skills.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business related field; Master's/higher education a plus.
- CPA a plus with Big 4 or Tier 2 public accounting firms preferred (especially with VC and/or IPO experience).
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or Business Operations, budget creation and revision, business plan creation and revision, including 3+ years in a senior leadership role.
- 5+ years of experience managing a P&L for a high-growth Start-Up/Technology company a plus.
- Experience supporting or leading fundraising efforts, including managing relationships with current and future investors.
- Experience managing, developing, and guiding high-performing teams.
- Fluent in English (Spoken and written) is required. Desired but not required, fluent in Bilingual Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin).
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead, and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong people person, highly effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- This job description is not all inclusive of duties and responsibilities stated here. This job description may be modified to meet the reduced or increased need of the company at any time.