WRJ is looking for a Controller/ Business Analyst to complement its current team. The Controller/ Business Analyst's primary responsibilities will include goal planning, forecasting and coordinating with the team on project analysis. We are looking for someone with previous experience that is organized, an expert in Microsoft Excel and has State Sales Tax knowledge. The optimal candidate will be able to analyze data and market trends and aid the company in project cost analysis. The optimal candidate will help guide the owners with respect to the financial direction of the company.
Goal planning, forecasting, and critical data analysis.
- Conduct client account reviews related to billing inquiries and reporting metrics.
- Coordinating and spearheading project analysis.
- Review client contracts in collaboration with team leaders to adhere to financial benchmarks (markups, billable rates, etc…)
- Show expertise with building Power BI (or similar interface) dashboards.
- Review invoices for accuracy on markups, freight and sales tax calculations following team leader reviews.
- Attend executive team meetings, representing the financial picture of the company to help with analysis and provide answers to analytical questions.
- Attend our monthly financial meetings with our accountant and follow up with owner requests for management reports.
- Collaborate with the bookkeeper at our accountant's office as needed.
Sales tax and Out of State Business Management:
Collaborate with lawyers on sales tax and keeping WRJ in compliance with states’ laws.
- Have experience with sales tax software. Research and implement sales tax software for WRJ.
- Be responsible for multi-state LLC formation and sales tax registration (collaborating with our legal team as needed).
- Be responsible for managing WRJ’s multi-state sales tax and WRJ sales tax filings (collaborating with our legal team as needed).
- Attend Department of Revenue continuing education sales tax classes for all states that WRJ operates in.
- Coordinate with the lawyers to maintain business entity status in multiple states by filing multiple annual reports.
Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc.
- Previous experience as a Controller and project-based accounting is a plus.
- Previous experience in an industry that managed inventory, preferably a design firm.
MS Office suite (Excel expertise required, Outlook, Word).
- Experience with Studio Designer a plus.
- Experience with sales tax software.
Ability to work in a seated environment for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work on a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to use the phone for an extended period of time.
WRJ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, service member status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidates.