Posting Date Sep 29, 2020Job Number 20057007Job Category AdministrativeLocation Jackson, Autograph Collection, One Marriott Drive, Jackson, Wyoming, United States VIEW ON MAPBrand Autograph Collection HotelsSchedule Full-timeRelocation? YesPosition Type ManagementStart Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Yarrow Group (The). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.We are looking for a Hotel Controller for a Jackson Hole based luxury hotel project. Three years of accounting experience required with preference given to a candidate with hotel experience.JOB SUMMARY
Support and assist the Corporate Finance Department in managing all aspects of the hotel accounting and financial functions. Manage day-to-day accounting operations and month end closing process for property.
1. Daily cash Management and balancing between bank and book.
2. Manage month end closing process to produce timely and accurate financial statements.
3. Maintain balance sheet account reconciliations in accordance with company standards.
4. Generate cash flow reports based on projections and analytical skills.
5. Work with management to ensure P&L accuracy and prepare monthly variance analysis.
6. Oversee the accounting department activities to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of department.
7. Review bi-weekly payroll and accurately post to general ledger.
8. Prepare monthly sales tax returns and file timely.
9. Review quarterly payroll tax returns from Helpside and file Wyoming returns.
10. Ensure accounts receivable is invoiced and collected timely.
11. Ensure accounts payable is processed and paid timely.
12. Monitor compliance with hotel, accounting and cash handling policies and procedures. Communicate compliance concerns to corporate office.
13. Ensure reporting processes and accounting standards are implemented and upheld.
14. Actively participate in properties’ leadership and staff meetings.
15. Ensure daily/monthly labor reporting is timely and maintained to standards.
16. Assist in driving the financial performance of the properties in conjunction with General Manager.
RESPONSIBILTY1. Time management.
2. Identify and solve problems within existing time constraints.
3. Attention to detail.4. Communicate well at all levels within the organization.5. Meet scheduled deadlines.6. Work well with peers and co-workers.
7. Understand and maintain the standards, values, goals and vision of the properties.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred or a combination of education and experience.
Experience: 3 years in an accounting position or related work. Previous hotel experience preferred.Other skills: Intermediate to advanced computer skills including experience in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word. Must be able to work well with others and be detail oriented.
On-going education and development: Pursuit of accounting and business classes are encouraged, with tuition reimbursement to accelerate skills as company grows. Willingness to pursue a strong command of core accounting principles and accountant skills.This company is an equal opportunity employer.