Revision Date: 01/22/2018
Position Title: Financial Counselor
Department: Business Office
Supervisor Title: Revenue Cycle Director
In conjunction with the mission, vision and values of Star Valley Health, this position is key in assisting patients in meeting their financial obligations through the collection process. You will assist patients in understanding their statements, payment expectations, and available financial assistance programs. This position is at-will.
- Responsible for interacting with patients and third-party companies to collect on delinquent medical accounts thru calls and/or letters.
- Identify and resolve patient billing complaints in a timely manner.
- Document all work and correspondence, working AR reports to maintain AR days set by administration.
- Comply with HIPPA and other federal, state, and local regulations as well as maintain the highest degree of confidentiality in client and staff matters.
- Educate patients on expectations of paying for services received, including the availability of financial assistance programs.
- Process and document payments that are received.
- Occasional court appearances on behalf of SV Health.
- Cross train to assist with workloads, and perform other duties as assigned or identified.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Work all accounts from A-Z timely.
Abilities & Skills:
- Professional oral and written communication
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ease of changing direction upon request as needed
- Empathetic with staff, visitors and community to act as a liaison throughout situations
- Problem solve to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze Information skillfully
- Promote a cooperative and congenial work environment
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Microsoft Office, and Internet
- Strong data entry
Experience & Education:
- One to two years of collection, billing, or accounts receivable background
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- General office protocol and equipment use
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, communicate effectively, and demonstrate sensitivity to clients, visitors and staff
- Comply with HIPAA and other federal, state and local regulations as well, as maintain the highest degree of confidentiality in client and staff matters
- Excellent organization and prioritization aptitude
- Constant sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending and reaching with periodical standing throughout the work day
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business
- Medical Terminology a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of Meditech
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented quality and precision-focused
- Stable traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented cooperative and collaborative