ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.JOB SUMMARY
The Clerical Assistant performs administrative and office support activities to facilitate the smooth running and daily operations of Wyoming Rehab.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet all guests and staff of Wyoming Rehab with excellent customer service and create an ideal experience for each person.
- Answer phone calls according to Kindness First Standards and route as appropriate.
- Schedule patient appointments and give patients copies of their schedules.
- Check in patients as they arrive.
- Perform pre-registration and registration duties for all new patients (create new encounters, assure medical record numbers are accurate, prepare charts, secure all required documentation including orders, insurance information, consents, etc.)
- Print daily schedules for therapists and pull appropriate charts; order according to therapist and their schedule.
- Send Plans of Care to physicians, maintain copies in the chart, record and certify in Therapy Source as appropriate.
- File patient charts, patient records, signed plans of care, schedules, etc.
- Make appointment reminder calls.
- Receive payments for massages, fitness center and therapy supplies and record as appropriate.
- Break down discharged charts and complete tasks associated with discharges (scanning, filing, etc).
- Prepare forms and other documents for staff as needed.
- Shred expired scripts of patients who have declined treatment.
- Maintain and update front desk forms folder.
- Maintain front desk appearance and clean front area as needed.
- Make the 8:30 safety call.
- Clean mats and bag soiled laundry as needed.
- Run errands and make deliveries using personal automobile.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Perform closing duties, turn off lights and TV, lock doors.
- Work with other clerical staff to complete daily tasks in an equitable fashion.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Carry out all duties in a manner consistent with the vision, mission, and policies and procedures of Wyoming Rehab and Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), required.
- Experience working with the public in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Effective communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate information in a logical manner. Ability to analyze and use good judgment. Ability to plan, prioritize, problem solve and organize effectively.
- Ability to grasp new concepts, learn quickly and adapt to changes readily.
- Experience with computer applications (Word, Microsoft, Outlook, Schedule +) applications.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively deal with the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintains excellent rapport with patients, families, caregivers and fellow members of the healthcare team using excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.