Assist students with filling out their FAFSA application, competing their Entrance Loan Counseling, Master Promissory Note and scholarships (will be trained). Assist Financial Aid staff with projects and customer service.Reports To Chanda Richards
- Good Conduct and Academic Standing with the college
- Sheridan College currently enrolled
- Cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater
- Students must qualify for Federal Work Study to be considered for employment.
- Understanding of FERPA, maintaining confidentiality regarding student files and personal information
- Basic understanding of filling out a FAFSA application
- Basic understanding of Web Advisor
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work a multiline phone
- Document filing/shredding
- Minimal lifting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Students must qualify for Federal Work Study to be considered for employment.
These are the job duties for required of the position.
Percentage of time 100%
- Assist students with accepting their financial aid award package on Financial Aid Self Service
- Assisting walk-in traffic and answering basic financial aid questions
- Answering phones and front desk coverage when needed
- Assisting staff where needed
- Maintain and file student files to ensure information is organized and up to date
- Assist with scanning documents in ImageNow software
- Duties including, but not limited to assisting with miscellaneous projects and creating packets