Description and FunctionsOpen Until Filled
Provide the highest standard of customer service while performing a variety of administrative and clerical duties, which assist in the operations and process of the agency.Human Resource Contact: 307-777-5826 Kitty.Cornils@wyo.govESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Prepares proofreads and edits routine correspondence, reports, tables, and records.
- Processes and reviews routine paperwork and/or enters data into a department log or database.
- Maintains department records system, including filing, scanning, retrieving and archiving documents, researching files, etc.
- Prepares and collects timesheets for department or office.
- Makes arithmetic calculations; prepares and codes billings; verifies receipts.
- Greets and directs a high volume of visitors, deliveries, and the general public.
- Makes calls and answers telephones and may route calls to appropriate staff.
- With appropriate information, responds to requests for information; and makes referrals, and resolves customer complaints. This may involve research or agency specialized knowledge.
- Processes and distributes all incoming mail and prepare mailings.
- Orders, receives, stores, and distributes supplies; maintains inventory.
- Maintains calendars, makes appointments, travel arrangements, and arranges meeting rooms.
- Provides customer service, as they are often the first point of contact for an agency.
- Assist staff with travel arrangements.
- Maintains files and reference manuals/materials.
- Performs some functions such as monitoring budgets, expenses, purchase orders, contracts or prepare vouchers.
- Because of the specialized nature of the job, may be required to train/guide others in an agency-specific process.
- Monitors pertinent office equipment such as computers, phone systems, etc., coordinating maintenance, etc.
- Reviews and verifies data.
- Responsible for assisting in the review, research, and development of material and documents.
- Explains or interprets procedures.
Preference may be given to applicants who are detail-oriented, multi-task capable, organized, and able to prioritize.
Preference may be given to applicants who have good communicators skills both orally and written and have customer service experience.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of office procedures, filing, alphabetizing, English language, and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and email programs.
- Knowledge of assembling, sorting, and distributing documents.
- Knowledge of reviewing and editing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge of methods used to tactfully deal with the public.
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette and coordinating telephone and visitor traffic.
- Knowledge of preparation of records, reports, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
High School Diploma
0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications)
Education & Experience Substitution:
1-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All positions within the Department of Family Services will require a background information check, including the taking of fingerprints which will be completed through the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family Services, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for every successful applicant.
049-Department of Family Services - Field Operations
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.