Execute the Bulk Emulsion Trials strategy. Field support for key emulsion trials with customers and joint ventures. Maintain the trial fleet of equipment and work with engineering and Tradestar on delivery and commissioning of new vehicles.
LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE.
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Sr Manager of Bulk Products and Delivery Systems, you will be the expert in executing the Bulk Emulsion Trials strategy. You will be the field support for key emulsion trials with customers and joint ventures and maintain the trial fleet of equipment and work with engineering and Tradestar on delivery and commissioning of new vehicles. You will be responsible for evaluating performance and conducting training to equipment operators, and other company employees involved in the delivery and servicing of product to customers. Other duties include:
- Writing and/or participating in the maintenance of current bulk delivery equipment required technical training Competency Standards and Working Instructions for local operation of delivery equipment.
- Lead field support for trial shots as needed. Coordinate and operate equipment and product.
- Support sales shot trials and customer needs as authorized by managers.
- Train and coach employees to safely follow the standard operating procedures in preparing and detonating explosives and operating equipment to achieve the Company standards and customer expectations.
- Participate in the Loss Control Board mandates in support of the implementation of all policies improving the quality of blasting services and limiting liability exposure related to the blast event.
- Proactively handle safety issues and support Sales and Service targets for LTI’s, MTI’s, TRI’s, FAI’s, and CAR’s. Support the implementation and use of risk assessment tools to promote personal responsibility for safety.
- Comply with all applicable Dyno Nobel, federal, state and region regulations, and governing agencies.
- Win the confidence of the people throughout Operations to instill professionalism and build morale.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of responsibility OR equivalent education, training, and experience. Advanced training qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 6 years working experience in the explosives industry or related areas (i.e. bulk truck operations, de-watering operations and blasting operations).
- Working knowledge of relevant Company and regulatory (DOT, OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and BATFE) regulations standards.
- CDL Class B with Hazmat/tanker endorsements highly preferred.
- Sound computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Able to travel 50% within North America.
- Thorough knowledge of Competency Standards, Technical and commercial modules, MSHA, Surface Blasting SOP, DN products, chemical sensitization, delivery equipment, procedures
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.