The Administrative Coordinator is a full-time position that functions as essential executive level administrative support staff to the Vice-President for Gillette College, Gillette College Advisory Board, and the Gillette College Foundation. As an executive level administrative support to the Vice-President, outstanding community relations and organizational skills are a requirement of the position. Gillette College Foundation duties include managing events and participation on fundraising campaigns and donor relations activities.
Supervisory and Management Responsibilities:
Occasional student employeeReports To Vice President for Gillette College
Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communicate effectively, develop and nurture interpersonal relationships, internally and externally, with a diverse audience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interact appropriately with all constituents, colleagues, board members, donors and volunteers
- Write/edit content, structure, and format of departmental materials
- Ability to enter and maintain financial database system on an on-going basis with routine reporting
- Proficiency in data entry and filing; organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative and collaborative team work environment
- Plan and schedule project work to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Expertise with graphic design and desktop publishing to design professional looking invitations, brochures, posters, and ads.
- Advanced level knowledge with Excel including mail merging projects using multiple software programs and manipulating data in spreadsheets.
- Experience with managing and editing multiple social media pages and websites.
- Capable of working on multiple projects for multiple people simultaneously.
- Friendly and calm demeanor.
- Operate essential office equipment
Standard office setting
Monthly evening board meetings required and occasional weekends as necessary
Some off campus site work with select eventsAbout Northern Wyoming Community College District
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked “America’s Top Western Town” by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.Experience
Experience providing support for executive level professionals preferred
Experience with non-profit accounting principles preferred
Expertise with financial accounting systems
Demonstrated ability to lead projects
Expertise in data entry, filing and organizationSpecial Instructions to Applicants
All NWCCD job postings are contingent on funding.
Transcripts will be required and may be attached to your online application documents under “Transcripts” and for additional space, under “Other Documents” or emailed to: HR@sheridan.edu.
Letters of recommendation are highly recommended and can be attached to your online application documents (up to three letters), or may be sent to Human Resources at HR@sheridan.edu.
These are the job duties for required of the position.
Percentage of time 60
Executive office support, serve as the receptionist for the Executive Suite. Must consistently demonstrate professional communication standards and maintain confidentiality. Provide assistance in the daily operations of the Executive Suite:
Maintain files and generate reports for both the Vice-President, Gillette College Advisory Board, and Foundation.
Organize and maintain office records/files, and the office budgets for the Vice President and Foundation
Arrange meetings, including sending agendas and minutes, and securing location and food
Manage calendar for the Vice President, arrange internal and external meetings, and coordinate communication to various stakeholders
Maintain Gillette College Master Calendar
Plan and assist in organizing internal and external events for the Vice-President
Serve as a liaison and active member of the campus safety and crisis management team
Prepare and disseminate information packets and record the formal proceedings for all Gillette College Advisory Board Meetings
Provide an activity calendar
Develop the monthly agenda and prepare for the annual meeting
Assist with communication on all significant major functions, events and or staff / student accomplishments
Percentage of time 40
Gillette College Foundation Support
Prepare and disseminate information packets and record the proceedings for all Foundation Board Meetings.
Donor information entry into database system for the Foundation
Create and disseminate annual donor reports
Execute and organize events and work with volunteers supporting the activities