Job Number: 233344System Administrator
- Systems Administrator required for a 12-month contract position open in Nashua, NH.
- The selected candidate will provide desktop, server, and network administration support to mission and analytic networks.
- Primary responsibilities include desktop support, application support, server administration, user account support, and basic support to LAN infrastructure.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources/
- Periodic on-call hours are required, as are shifted schedules to accommodate mission needs during surge periods
- Active Secret level security clearance and TS eligible
- Must have Security + certification or have the ability to get one
- Candidates should have expertise with the following operating systems, applications, and platforms: -Windows 2008 Server -Windows XP and/or Windows 7 (x64) -McAfee virus scanning software -RedHat Enterprise -Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Basic understanding of RedHat/Linux OS is a plus.
- Additional expertise using VMWare, Desktop/Server imaging software, and basic LAN administration skills is desired, but not required.