Job Number: 233376Senior Research Computing Applications and Data SpecialistAs a Research Computing Applications team member engage researchers as partners to co-create and co-learn research activities and relevant advanced computing capabilities to facilitate and transform collaborative and interdisciplinary research. Work directly with faculty, staff, and graduate students of the College of Engineering, Computer Science Department, and related communities on complex projects that require advanced knowledge of Machine/Deep Learning algorithms and frameworks. Provide necessary training and consulting to support efficient utilization of High-Performance Computing resources. Install, document, and validate existing researcher-facing software packages. Provide outreach and training to the university research community. Collaborate with regional and national research computing peers on the fields landscape and best practices.Required Skills
- Master's degree with 5-8 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of Engineering, Computer science, Statistics, or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in developing statistical data analysis using Python or R
- Proven understanding and professional experience applying machine learning/deep learning concepts and techniques such as random forest, support vector machines, RNNs, CNNs, LSTM, etc.
- Hands-on experience in installing and programming in common frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano, Caffe, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple programming languages (Python, MATLAB, R, and C) and the ability to quickly learn new programming languages and tools as required
- GPU programming experience (CUDA or OpenCL) highly desired
- Experience utilizing and scripting for Linux HPC clusters
- Strong analytical skills required with an ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables