job summary:Detailed job description- 4 + years' experience with application development and support work- Experience working within an application solution delivery life cycle- strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communications skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, managed service providers and all levels of management- Ability to reason logically, analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions- Proficiency in interacting with end users for diagnosing incidents, detailing defects, and gathering the relevant logs and screen shots- Participate in 24/7 support on a rotational basis after project ends.- Proven experience in applying Human Performance techniques across a broad range of tasks at all levels of risk to ensure successful implementationDesired Technical Skills- Experience with SilentDefense- Experience with network monitoring tools- Experience with GRC applications such as RSA Archer- SQL Server database efficiency- CA Workload experience for ESP Jobs- BMC's Remedy Incident Management location: Charlotte, North Carolinajob type: Contractsalary: $45.91 - 55.91 per hourwork hours: 8am to 5pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:
- Responsible for support, maintenance, and development of tools utilized to generate cyber security events and incidents across the Client environment.
- The Analyst will work closely with peers, other internal/external teams and management in a 24x7 Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) environment.
- The Analyst is also responsible for following processes and procedures as defined by Cybersecurity leadership and the Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT).
- They will typically perform in a role similar to systems administrator with a focus on detection and correlation of cyber events related to managed systems.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 9 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- application development
- Cyber security