job summary:Our client here in San Antonio has a immediate need for a 6-9 month contract position for a NOC Technician. Job Description: This position is responsible for the proactive monitoring of carrier and enterprise networks. Provide remote support with installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining telecom and data networks. Perform daily network monitoring using Network Management Systems (NMS). Send outage notification emails to customers to report critical network events. Create and update trouble tickets. Drive technical issues to resolution using remote recovery actions and enlisting support from 3rd parties. Keep records of troubleshooting steps, maintenance activities, and system performance. Perform initial call-out to sites for down devices. Work with the Field Operations and other support specialists to resolve network outages. Report any major outages to NOC Operations Supervisor/Manager or designee. Job Requirements:
- Basic experience of network troubleshooting - TCP/IP, DNS, PING and TRACERT.
- Ability to work day, evenings, nights, and/or weekend shifts on a rotational basis.
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a NOC environment
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- NOC Technician (1 year of experience is required)
- network monitoring (1 year of experience is required)