ATG is looking for a dedicated and compassionate behavioral technician to join our team and provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Behavior technicians are responsible for assisting behavior analysts to implement behavior reduction and skill acquisition treatment plans. The candidate will assist patients with day to day activities, monitor their behavior, record and collect data on patients' progress, and communicate with clients. Other duties may include clerical and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role, you will display a compassionate nature, empathy and discretion in your work. You should have excellent communication and time management skills, and be able to develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors and colleagues. Prior experience in a behavioral health setting is advantageous.
A fully trained RBT therapist can receive, on average, 10-20 hours/week with each session lasting 2 - 4 hours.Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide direct care to clients in a one-on-one or group therapy setting to implement skill acquisition and behavior reduction treatments as directed by the supervisor.
- Collect and record data on patient behavior.
- Collaborate, communicate and assist with the training of clients, parents and staff.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and family.
- Carry out clinical assessments and other administrative duties.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
- Certificate, Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a behavioral health or related field (preferred).
- Obtain RBT Certification within the first 90-days of employment - all costs and supervision for this certification are paid by ATG.
- Additional certification may be required - all costs will be paid by ATG.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and carry clients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.