Job DescriptionYou are someone who prefers to communicate through code. You love to create and have a strong desire to learn. You have strong opinions but that are weakly held; you are humble yet confident.You know the difference between PUT and PATCH, when to use Cassandra over Redis, and can debate the merits of the CAP theorem. You’re not bound to any one framework; you code in different languages and know the advantages and tradeoffs between threaded parallelization and single threaded event loops. You’re also diligent about meeting allocated budgets and can work within time constraints, but you will never sacrifice quality.What you'll do:
- You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with ourInnovation Center, and focus on architecting and developing emerging technologies
- Work on Client products as well as our own products, delivering first-class software
- Build out mobile APIs and web applications for mobile and browser Clients
- Peer review other team members’ code, and learn and adapt from peer review of your own code
- You leverage your own knowledge to teach and mentor other team members
- Support sales and project managers with technical insights, leading to the creation of budgets and schedules for projects
- 1-5+ years of delivering software with preference given to those who have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
- Expertise in software development design patterns and methodologies
- Proficient in multiple languages and platforms
- Familiar with some or all of the following: Java,AWS, container, micro services Python, some Flutter, some Angular.
- Local area residence with ability to travel to metropolitan Baltimore/Washington surrounding area 1-2 times annually.
Robots & Pencils aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone.We have offices in Austin, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Calgary, and London, with Talent working remotely across the U.S. and Canada, and relocation is not required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship, and complete required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.