The Comoto Finance team is lean, nimble, and growing! Collectively, we are a group of numbers people and people people. We work with business groups across the entire organization to provide guidance around operational performance. To continue adding financial firepower to this team, we have a new opening fora strong staff accountant, someonewho hasat least 1-2 years in an accounting or audit role.
Who are you? You're a self-starter, someone with a greatwork ethic, you can work independently but you also value having a team of likeminded coworkers. Youunderstand basic to moderate accounting concepts and are someone who has clearly communicates, has strong documentation skills, and you thrive on accuracy and attention to detail. This position will challenge you to analyze and think creatively to implement and improve controls, reconciliations, and processes in a fast paced and changing environment.
QualificationsOur Next Junior Staff Accountant Will:
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to Banks, Accounts Receivables, Prepaids, Sales tax liabilities, Long term debt, Interest payable and Credit Card payables, for all Comoto Entities each period.
- Import and record all banking transactions daily, ensuring accurate coding of eachtransaction.
- Upload positive pay checks and ACHs to the JPMC website for processing of payments on an as-needed basis
- Reconcile the Revolver for checks settled and submit to AP Manager/Treasurer for payment each week.
- Maintain a listing, and based-on-contract-terms issue invoices, for Co-op Advertising partners and monitor and record prepayments as they are received.
- Assist in month end close/review procedures and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Be detailed oriented to ensure that coding and allocation of costs are accurate and timely.
- Actively assist in the year end audit to ensure timely and successful completion.
- Design and set up reconciliations to comply with the new system requirements.
- Special projects will be assigned by the department leads.
- Assist with documentation and design of Accounting Process manual for your assigned areas.
- Ensure cross training to ensure development and continuity within the accounting team. This includesdevelopment of training material.
- Bachelor or Business Administration Degree with a focus on Accounting
- 1-2 years’ experience in an accounting or audit role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and adjust through change
- JDEdwards experience (not required, but a very strong plus!
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- A positive attitude that likes to hustle and improve processes
- Helped with systems implementation and transition of processes to drive change
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.