The purpose of this role is toeffectively execute and implement the overall Socio-Economic Development strategy for Venetia Mine through a Collaborative Regional Development approach, identifying and working in partnership with our stakeholders (Government, Communities, Business and NGOs).Key tasks include:
- Develop Socio-Economic Development (SED) Strategy for Venetia Mine. Strategy to consider Provincial, Regional and local development strategies to ensure alignment.
- Managethe delivery of the SED plan includingEnterprise Development, Local Procurement and Supplier Development,Social Investment and Local Employment and Workforce Skills Development.
- Support the integration of programmes including Enterprise Development, Collaborative Regional Development and Municipal Capacity Development into other relevant Socio Economic Development strategies and plans.
- Managethe development and delivery of Social and Labour Plans ensuring alignment with strategic objectives.
- Review business cases, feasibilities and SED proposals.
- Identify and secure strategic partners (funders and implementation partners) for key SED projects to be implemented in collaboration with communities, local government and other key stakeholders.
- Identify key social and economic impacts and issues, categorise and prioritise them accordingly.
- Social Science Degree or Development studies or related degree such as development planning and finance.
- A business management qualification would be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years management experience of which at least 5 should be insocio economic development.
- Socio-economic data analysis andfield research planning and implementation.
- Social impact assessment.
- Management of complex socio-economic, political and environmental environments and the associated internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge of Government’s developments strategies from national to local level.
- Working with RSA government and traditional communities (advantage).
Additional InformationWho we are:
Established in 1888,DeBeers Groupisthe world’s leading diamond companywith unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining, sorting, valuing, selling and marketing of diamonds.Together with our joint venture partners,weoperate in more than 20 countries across six continents.
Wewantour diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
We buildpartnershipsandconnectwithourpeople and their communities to makeapositivecontribution to thewiderworld.We’re constantly developingnewwaysto make animpactandbuild abeneficiallegacy. We call it ‘Building Forever’ -it’s fundamental toour pioneering spirit and the purposeful way we do business.Safety
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.Eligibility Criteria
This role is open only to individuals who currently have right to work in the country stated and we will not be supporting any individuals who might need to relocate.Closing date -13November 2020.