GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The General Ledger Accountant performs a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant focus on General Ledger accounting. This position is also responsible for supporting the Controller in conducting key activities such as Month/Quarter/Year-end close, Fixed Assets, and Account Reconciliations.
REPORTS TO: Controller
1. A.S. degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field.
2. Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles. Strong skills in working with expenses, accounting and ability to reconcile accounts
3. 1-3 years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience.
4. Must have intermediate-advanced level Excel skills.
5. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
6. Ability to meet deadlines.
7. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
8. Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
Preferred: Working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare monthly journal entries such as Cash, Payroll, Benefits, Prepaid, Expense Allocations & Revenue. Ensure proper general ledger coding in support of monthly closings.
2. Assist with Balance Sheet preparation and Monthly Account reconciliations.
3. Maintain and update Fixed Assets spreadsheet.
4. Distribute monthly financials.
5. Assist with financial statements and tax return paperwork.
6. Ensure data accuracymaintain truthful and precise data in documents.
7. Analyze financial information—ensure that date supports budgeting and forecasting requirements.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by Controller.
9. Backup all other accounting personnel with duties.