Job DescriptionJob Summary
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Development, the Donor Relations & Database Coordinatoris the role responsible for the administration and management of St. Joseph Center's donor relationship management software, Raiser's Edge.Expertise in Raiser’s Edge, both the cloud-based system and the database version is paramount.This role is also responsible for the management of donor relations processes related to the cultivation and communication of prospective and current donors, including: data entry, donor giving reports, donor cultivation reports, appeal mailing lists, and assisting with donation acknowledgement when needed. As the Raiser's Edge subject matter expert and super user, this role is responsible for generating reports for Development Team members. The Coordinator also supports St. Joseph Center's individual solicitation and cultivation efforts, as well as actively supports the planning of special events.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Donor Relations & Database Coordinator's key areas of responsibility include:Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Prospect and donor data entry & management
- Data integrity & analysis
- Query & report production
- Donor correspondence preparation
- Special Projects
- Prospect and donor data entry & management
- Codes and batches contributions (cash, check, scrip/gift card and in-kind) into donor relationship management software, Raiser's Edge
- Tracks matching gift pledges and donations
- Creates and updates donor, volunteer and prospective donor information including notes and actions, ensuring data integrity
- Inputs volunteer timesheets
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures for data entry into donor relationship management software, Raiser's Edge
- Runs queries and weekly reports to verify donations
- Researches and analyzes donor data to identify trends in giving, relationships and other contributor information
- Develops and runs queries requested by Development & Communications Division staff
- Develops report templates for and runs reports including, but not limited to: specialized mailing lists for appeals, events, top contributors
- Generates thank you letters for all donations <$100
- Runs reports, queries and batches for appeal campaigns and other donor and prospective donor mailings
- Coordinates with marketing and communications staff for mass mailings to ensure timely mailing
- Supports the VP Development, VP Marketing and Communications, Manager of Institutional Giving, Manager of Donor and Corporate Relations, Manager of Volunteer Relations, and Manager of Social Media
- Orders Division office supplies, prepares Divisional work orders as needed
- Responsible for petty cash and petty cash reports
- Represents St. Joseph Center at relevant community meetings
- Interfaces with board members, contributors and prospects in person and on the phone
- Supports the organization's commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the organization
- Supervises contractors and consultants, as needed
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONSKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database system, both the Cloud-based version and database version
- Commitment to organizational mission and values: Mission-driven, with a demonstrated passion for low-income, homeless, and disenfranchised individuals and families making progress toward selfsufficiency and the values of the Sisters of Carondelet
- Customer service-mindset: is responsive to customer needs and requests; is always courteous and considers the needs of the stakeholder when making decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrates ability to tailor messages appropriately to various internal and external stakeholders; shares information; actively listens and involves others
- Delivering High Quality Work: Makes sure responsibilities central to the role meet all requirements and expectations. Finishes tasks promptly and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy
- Initiative & accountability: Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently and is able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; Holds self accountable for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in one or more of the following areas is required: donor relations, donor software management, public relations, community relations, and/or social service program delivery. Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge is mandatory.
- Experience in fields relevant to St. Joseph Center's mission, including mental health, housing, family services, early childhood learning and veteran's services
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in communications, business, public administration or a related field.
This position does not have any direct reports.Computer Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)Ability to use widely supported internet browsers
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions
- Valid automobile liability insurance
- This position can be a remote-working position but will require one to two days in at the Hampton site headquarters in Venice once pandemic restrictions are lifted.May need to travel to other SJC locations on occasion. Some weekend and evening responsibilities asneeded.
Employment with St. Joseph Center is contingent on completion of satisfactorybackground check.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume. St. Joseph Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. All applicants for employment are invited to voluntarily self-identify their gender, race, ethnicity, and veteran status, by completing the EEO Information. Providing your EEO Information is voluntary and refusal to self-identify will not subject applicants to any adverse treatment. Similarly, applicants who do self-identify will not be subject to any adverse treatment based on the information they provide.
St. Joseph center invites you to review the current "EEO is The Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the current poster is located here.