Magento PHP Senior Developer for Medline B2C E-CommerceMedline Industries has an opening for an experienced Magento PHP developer on our B2C Ecommerce team. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions for our B2C web commerce initiatives on the Magento platform. This web commerce developer must be self-motivated with the ability to achieve deadlines while working effectively within a team environment Qualified applicants will have recognized strength and experience working in the entire development lifecycle for an application, including both back-end and front-end development. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a solid education and a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional leadership and analytical skills, you must have a roll-up your sleeves attitude. Responsibilities
- Develop extensions to our web commerce environment to support a variety of business and commerce needs.
- Responsibility for detailed design, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting Medlines B2C Magento 2 platform. Serves as an IS point person for addressing issues and enhancements related to the specific product, functional and technical area.
- Leads story breakdown activities for the development squad.
- Collaborates with the Product Owner and Business Analyst in backlog grooming activities.
- Active contribution in architecture of technical solutions for new ecommerce business requirements. This includes participating in the build versus buy decision making.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects
- Adhere to established coding standards and participate in code reviews
- Produce detailed unit test results
- Adhere to IS Department policies best practices.
- Work successfully within an iterative SDLC environment
- Ability to facilitate design meetings with users, management and architects.
- Analyzes production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution.
- Follows and helps to establish development standards.
- Creates and delivers documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts.
- Required skills & experiences
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in an ecommerce environment utilizing Magento 2.x as an e-commerce platform. This includes hands-on experience developing and modifying PHP for Magento
- Experience coding to Magento technical best practices and guidelines
- Experience in working within an Agile/SCRUM development model
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal team members as well as business stakeholders.
- Desired skills & experiences
- DevSecOps experience this includes unit testing, CI/CD (Jenkins is preferred), security testing, performance load testing and managing a backlog and triaging defects in JIRA (or a similar tool)
- Experience in working with multi-site global teams.
- Experience working with Application Performance Monitoring & Management tools such as New Relic, App Dynamics, etc.
- Experience working with Azure.