Role: Mortgage Processor
Job type: FTE Responsibilities:
- Request, review and verify all loan documents such as income, credit, appraisal and title insurance, to ensure complete and accurate information is in the file before it is sent to underwriting.
- Obtain verification of deposit, verification of employment, credit report.
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans are being worked on in accordance with company's timeline expectations.
- Maintain constant communication with customers on status updates and/or changes to the loan.
- Ensure any necessary and critical changes which require re-disclosures have been accurately notated and checked in the loan origination system for compliance purposes.
- Coordinate loan closing with customers, title companies, and loan agents.
- Resolve any customer service issues or Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA,
- Conventional and other loan programs such as Home Equity Lines of Credit, 2nd Mortgages,
- Home Improvement, down payment assistance and bond programs.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of federal and state guidelines, rules and regulations such as
- RESPA, TILA, HMDA, etc.
- Minimum 4 years of residential mortgage loan processing experience required.
- Must have High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be experienced in automated underwriting. To include Fannie/Freddie (CONV/FHA/VA/RD)
- Applicant must be detail oriented and be able to multitask.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a superior customer service focus.
- Must be able to prioritize in order to meet loan closing deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently on processing various loan applications.
- Ability to sit for 6-8 hours a day.