Job Description:The Voice Engineer is responsible for effective design, coordination, installation/configuration, and developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for network hardware/software and related enterprise infrastructure. Implementation of enterprise network systems includes high-availability, redundancy, and supporting the organization disaster recovery and business continuity requirements. Provides technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the network infrastructure. This individual works closely with peers, Principal Network Engineer, and Network Administrators to ensure that network hardware, operating systems, monitoring systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements and established SOPs. The Voice Engineer may have two or more focuses within disciplines of Core, LAN, WAN, WLAN, Voice, and IP-Balancing. This position provides next escalation point for Operations personnel and is responsible for providing timely response and diagnosis of issues directly or remotely. When necessary may also adjust work hours to perform tasks at times least impactful to customers.Job Accountabilities
- Expected to deliver the implementation of network infrastructure for projects and upgrades, coordinating with other stakeholders and managing vendors. 30%
- The administration of network infrastructure, including access, distribution, and core switching, wireless infrastructure, firewalls, VPN concentrators, and network management tools from Cisco and other network vendors. Establishes performance baselines, and performs capacity planning, performance analysis, and network fault analysis to maximize network availability and application performance for all CTCA networks 15%
- Complete documentation on implementations; SOP's, upgrades, or changes to the network infrastructure using clear Visio drawings, clear and descriptive documentation, spreadsheets, and other formats as agreed upon with management. 25%
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing network security policies; defining and monitoring access and ensuring that all network management systems are highly secure. 10%
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; network manufacturer documentation; participating in professional organizations. 10%
- Provides constructive feedback and mentoring to others on Network Team(s). Works with business/stakeholders on understanding their needs and concerns. Clearly communicates with stakeholders on a non-technical level and provide an excellent customer service experience. 10%
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- 5+ years of experience supporting large voice and data networks in an Enterprise environment
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP, CCDP preferred
- Cisco Call Manager (CUCM)preferred
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Network monitoring/analysis tools and SNMP protocol
- Advanced understanding of routing protocols, Layer 2/Layer3 switching
- Subject matter expert within two or more focused areas, such as Core, LAN, WAN, WLAN, Voice, and IP-Balancing. Experience using help desk software such as Remedy
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, with the ability to subnet and troubleshoot subnet misconfiguration issues.
- Proficient with Visio drawings, Microsoft Office Suite, and technical documentation of network systems.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Cisco 3750X's, 6500's, 5500 controllers, ASR 1000's, and Nexus platform
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a strong business perspective in order to convey technology concepts and solutions that will satisfy the business requirements.
- Developing solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal direction to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership including previous performance as a highly effective team member and team leader.
- Team-building and mentoring of others