Location: Oahu Job Summary: KaiHonua, LLC has an immediate opening for a Cable Installer with limited experience and with the ability to work with hands (ie hand tools etc). Candidate must have a valid Driver's License and vehicle to get to the work site. Candidate must also have the ability to get a Rapid Gate Base Access Card. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties would include running conduit in buildings along the wall and above ceilings.
- Responsibilities include pulling, tagging and terminating category 5e, 6, 6A, fiber optics and other cable types.
- Running Copper and Fiber Optic cable in buildings above ceilings and down walls, inside and outside of conduit.
- Terminating Copper and Fiber Optic cable to patch panels and connectors.
- Must be able to distinguish wire colors.
- Capable of following instructions from the supervisor.
- Be familiar with basic hand tools.
- Be able to safely pull cable while working in attic-type space, drop ceiling, and other spaces, without falling through the ceiling.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Be able to lift at least 40 Lbs.
- Have some idea of how to use common tools (hammers, cutting, drilling).
- Be able to use a ladder.
- Be able to follow directions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Physical Requirements: Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (40) pounds as necessary.
- Need the ability to reason through problems.
- Be able to communicate with customers.
- Need to have manual dexterity.
- Need to be able to work as part of a team and possess good mechanical ability.
- Have the ability to organize, prioritize and meet installation deadlines.
- Be a strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to help prevent problems.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Occasional use of company vehicle while on work site
Company Summary Headquartered in Hawaii, KaiHonua, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services. Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions On Time & On Budget." KaiHonua LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
- An active Secret Clearance or above is a plus but not required