- Experienced R&D Engineer Human Factors to apply human factors and ergonomics expertise to the definition, design, and evaluation of products.
- Apply knowledge of human factors principles (human performance and limitations perceptual, cognitive, motor skills, anthropomorphic) and techniques (knowledge acquisition, user-interface design, usability evaluation) to cardiac electrophysiology systems product development;
- Usability testing throughout the product development process, from formative testing of early prototypes through usability validation of final designs.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with other functions
- Keep abreast of regulations and best practices for medical device human factors (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75, ISO 14971, and the latest FDA guidance on applying human factors engineering) and advice management regarding potential improvements to internal processes and regulatory issues related to human factors engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant human factors/usability engineering experience in hardware-software systems product development.
- Experience in medical device development is required and knowledge of IEC 62366, AAMI HE75 is needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Education: M.S. degree in Human Factors Engineering or Cognitive Psychology or M.S. degree in Biomedical Engineering is preferred.