Description - The Cyber Security Engineer's mission is to ensure that our client can identify, defend and respond against both internal and external cyber security threats. We will identify and eradicate threats as early in the kill chain as possible to reduce the risk and impact while delivering these services using pragmatic, data-driven decisions and a culture of professionalism, transparency and requirements-based design. This position is responsible for Cyber Defense technologies and related services used to mitigate the organization's exposure to Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), Advanced Evasion Techniques (AET), hacktivism, cyber-crime, other forms of online attacks and unauthorized access targeting the financial services industry. Key Responsibilities:
Job RequirementsEssentials Skills and Qualifications: Ability to transform functional requirements into detailed technical specifications Strong experience in business analysis, IT planning and design Extensive experience in a security engineering or architecture roles Deep knowledge of enterprise-scale security systems and architectures A strong understanding of current technology trends and competitive forces Ability to develop custom technical component integration plans Advanced Linux or Windows experience A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 5 years of relevant experience or a high-school diploma and at least 10 years of relevant experience Extensive experience in planning and designing solutions using APIs, workflow orchestration and automation Develops strong customer, peer and senior relationships globally Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills Clear understanding of information security, backed by a depth and breadth of supporting technical knowledge, especially in the field of Cyber Security Desired Skills and Qualifications: Extensive experience across all phases of the service delivery lifecycle Experience or familiarity with tools such as Pulse Secure, CheckPoint, McAFee and Zscaler Candidate Value Proposition:The candidate needs to be technically proficient in programming and computing fundamentals, Windows, Linux, networking and have a strong grounding in computer science. The role requires someone familiar with industry-standard security solutions and a general cyber security awareness and familiarity or experience working in the Cyber environment. The candidate needs to be familiar with release processes, QA, building and executing test plans.
- Work with Cyber Security Product Management, Engineering, and Operations team to understand business requirements, levels of demand and impact on technical architecture
- Perform testing of new software versions for platforms including Remote Access VPN, Firewalls and Web Proxy
- Design the low-level, technical capability architecture for new and modified capabilities and ensure that the design can deliver to defined business requirements
- Publish capability upgrade and maintenance plans
- Provide input into the capability development and optimization
- Act as a subject matter expert for all capability architecture related discussions and issues