We are looking for a Data Analyst for one of our clients. This will be an on-site position based in Jersey City, NJ. Position: Data Analyst Location: Jersey City, NJ/Remote Job Length: Long term Position Type: C2C/W2 Responsibilities:
- The Data Analyst will be performing business and data analysis on several inter-dependent, highly complex data requirements across several lines of business in the Investment Bank.
- The Data Analyst will work with application development teams and their interdependencies and will demonstrate partnership skills by interacting with other technology teams within the company to understand, document and interpret complex requirements.
- In addition, this candidate will be able to work closely with business partners and data owners, to define, track and manage various data migration and data quality work streams.
- The candidate will be responsible for gathering the requirements for several lines of business regarding client trades, accounts, and reporting and reference data, and should have a strong understanding of at least one of the following businesses: Global Markets Operations, Prime Brokerage, Cleared Derivatives, Custody, or Fund Services.
- She/he will have responsibility for gathering and analyzing requirements, writing functional and data specifications, and working closely with senior business users to validate prior to application development.
- In addition, the role will require involvement in an iterative software development model, requiring agility and flexibility on the part of the analyst to handle requirements changes. Program management responsibilities involve overseeing and tracking several parallel work streams amongst different technical and business groups.
- Client management is an integral part of the role, and as such the successful candidate will be responsible for project governance, including managing user groups and communicating status to senior technology and business sponsors. Excellent verbal and written communication will be essential for effectiveness in this role.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst with focus on data analysis in the financial services industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Able to forge productive working relationships with senior business users and business managers.
- Ability to analyze complex cross functional business processes and define integrated requirements.
- Ability to facilitate the design of integrated solutions (process, technical & organizational).
- Can ensure the end to end solution will deliver the required business results.
- Drives adoption of the designed processes and solution use with stakeholders.
- Communicates with business SMEs to ensure expectations are kept in line with project status.
- Drives the definition, testing, training, and implementation of functional requirements. Upon implementation, drives knowledge transfer to Production Support.
- Creates/revises/executes the following deliverables using industry standard techniques as necessary, including but not limited to: process maps, data flow diagrams, requirements specifications, functional specifications, use case scenarios, acceptance testing.