We're looking for an Application Support Engineer for our client who is one of the leading providers of weight loss products and services. Please see the job details below: Position: Application Support Engineer Location: Fort Washington, PA Job Length: Long Term Position Type: C2H Requirements
- This position focuses on supporting applications and databases, tuning for optimum performance, delivering required information to end-users, and interacting properly with other systems.
- Production support of the company web sites, infrastructure, and databases
- Support the various applications and respond to requests for optimization, tuning, monitoring, and resolving issues
- Support the Release Management process in a SOX compliant environment
- Troubleshoot and solve customer issues with the company web sites
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a comparable computer systems related discipline is preferred
- 2+ years' experience in a production high-availability environment
- Minimum of 2 years combined troubleshooting and programming experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is required, include being able to write simple SQL statements
- Efficient software analysis and troubleshooting skills required
- Oracle DB experience a plus, but not required
- Understanding of Web technologies and Internet protocols including HTTP, SSL,TCP/IP
- Strong desire to contribute to an exciting company's success
- Ability to multi-task between several projects and complete them on time
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, highly ethical, reliable and able to work with minimum direction in a team
- Must be able to make sound judgments and use a common-sense approach to dealing with issues or personnel
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a positive, customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment
- May be required to work long hours under pressure while resolving critical issues.
- Provide on-call and remote support as needed.