Data AnalystThis position is under Network Supply Chain Transportation team. Must be proficient with U.S. Customs regulations, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), an dangerous goods/hazardous materials shipping requirements.Successful candidate must possess the ability to handle busy import/export operational transactions, independently interpret US regulations, determine classification of product for HTSUS, as well as, export classification. Job Responsibilities :
- Coordinate import and export shipments and documentation requirements with appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure commercial invoices and paperwork are properly prepared and shipments are within compliance for country specific regulations.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and process all import and export documentation including: HAWB's, MAWB's, AES filings, Manifest, Shipping Instructions, Hazardous Cargo Declarations, Bill of Ladings, and Certificate of Origin.
- Import and export classification of products and maintenance of the classification for products in centralized system and standardized format.
- Assist administration and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of company selected brokers and freight forwarders.
- Must be able to address service failures.
- Maintain import and export records in accordance to the appropriate regulatory and company policies.
- Maintain professional training and remain up-to-date on relevant regulatory requirements relevant to position.
- Prepare and perform trade compliance training (i.e., new hire orientation, targeted training to internal stakeholders, etc.) as assigned.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export, import and national security regulations.
- Communicates with carriers, overseas offices, and customers transportation branches to facilitate timely transport and release of freight.
- Works with customs broker and overseas office to collect and provide the correct documentation for clearing customs.
- Minimum Required :
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or a related area or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years successfully handling international logistics issues
- Knowledge in the areas of government regulations and compliance including, but not limited to, import/export compliance including PGA, international logistics, customs documentation, receiving, order processing, and shipping procedures.
- Strong coordination and communications skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced and ever-growing environment; effective multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Proficient in SAP GTS and MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Ability to classify product for HTSUS as well as USML and ECCN
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel (pivots, lookups), Visio and PowerPoint