- Provide expert level build of virtual desktops. Troubleshoot and resolve virtual desktop incidents with Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Automating team's manual work through scripting automation
- Driving productivity, recommending improvements, remediation and operational excellence using quality methodologies to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with other Client internal technology teams to ensure robustness, scalability, and global applicability of solutions
- Work with project teams and developers to ensure those teams understand compatibility with thin client and server based computing architecture and requirements
- Identify and proactively resolve issues that could impact system performance, reliability, and usability
- Persuade and influence others through strong and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills
- Create and contribute to processes for missing or new solutions that are implemented due to gaps
- Write Run Books/Knowledge Base articles for lower level teams and conduct effective training sessions
- The Technical Lead performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement, from definition phase through to implementation.
- Applies significant knowledge to improve service for automation and implement effective solutions
- The role currently provides a 24/7 support operation. On-call shifts will be scheduled on a rotational basis. It should be noted that on occasions there may be a requirement for weekend coverage in support of our clients and other service desk projects. This role will be for various shifts and will be adjusted by manager as needs arise.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Learn and able to adapt to changing environments. Willing to learn and have a can do attitude
- Ability to perform complex and varied assignments in support of the team's scope of work
- Analytical thinking and experience with data analysis tools and methodologies
- Planning, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Team-oriented and collegial approach to addressing challenges
- Strong people, process, and business focus
- ITIL certified
- Being part of a team, you will be expected to work unsupervised and manage your workload effectively
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills