Experis has partnered with a leader in the Telecommunication sector to help grow their team, hiring forBusiness Data Analyst I in Portland OR This is a 6 months initial contract assignment with possibility of extensionWhat you'll be doingYour mission will be to help us translate aircraft flight data, telemetry, and Verizon network information to support performance analysis and industry standards development for airborne 4G LTE and 5G services. Working with Skyward partners, customers, standards bodies, and regulatory agencies, you'll use your analytical and visualization expertise to identify trends, issues and opportunities, all with the goal of translating cellular network Key Performance Indicators into aviation datalink performance metrics. What you will be doing:
- Diving deep into aircraft, autopilot, cellular modem, and Verizon network datasets to develop an end-to-end analytical picture of airborne cellular communications services.
- Supporting development of flight test plans that further our regulatory and business objectives.
- Leading development of data analysis tools and integration with existing aviation and cellular network data sources.
- Supporting data visualization efforts, working to craft data that is easily interpreted and can be actioned.
- Storytelling of the data so that it's easily understood at all levels and functions.
- Identifying areas for improvement, incorporating best-in-class and cutting-edge techniques, and crafting new approaches and methodologies.
- Crafting results presentations and regular communications for senior management that provide regulatory business insights.
- Working with the Strategy and Product teams to identify key patterns for improvement and track progress towards remediation.
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in aviation, cellular networks, RF systems. Must have either cellular or aviation if not both.
- Adept at modeling and simulation tools, particularly in aerospace applications.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Pearl.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables and charting) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Data Visualization and communication.
- A degree.
- Worked with RF system modeling tools.
- Experience in supporting the development of communications industry or aviation standards.
- Have working knowledge of drone technology, particularly autopilot parameters and logs.
- Analyzed data, built reports and presentations, and made recommendations.