Hi, I have a Job Requirement with one of our client, please go through the Job Description below and please let me know if you are interested in that. You can call me onExt :: 7132 or you can drop me your updated resume to my email Job Title: System / Software EngineerJob Location: REMOTEJob Duration: 6+ Months contract Description
- In this role, you'll be responsible for helping design, develop, and build a common Data Fabric storage architecture and solution.
- The role is multi-disciplinary, requiring a strong technical background in storage performance, implementation and filesystem design.
- Understanding of Kubernetes container technology and an ability to understand the full solution stack is desired.
- The candidate will need expertise and experience across hardware, software, system design, and performance and will work hands-on with various technologies as part of building a cutting-edge data fabric offering.
- Installation, configuration and tuning of storage configuration including hardware environment (server, storage, network), OS, Kubernetes and storage software platform layers
- Performance testing and validation of storage designs
- Development of storage sizing, scaling and price/performance metrics for the design
- Collaboration across a global team with engineering, development and product management to build solution automation tools
- Use-case workload development and modeling for validation of performance and/or functionality
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 10 years industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in storage design, configuration, tuning and performance validation
- Demonstrated experience with HDFS, Object Store or comparable SDS technologies
- Experience with different filesystem protocols and technologies
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux
- Strong performance background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Hands-on experience with MapR
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure (preferably HPE products) and platform/workload layer
- Demonstrated experience in container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Ansible, Terraform and other scripting / automation toolkits
- Python or other scripting language