STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We are hiring aVMWare Systems Engineer for a leading global digital broadcast entertainment client for an open-ended contract out of the Phoenix, AZ area. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running using innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment.The Systems Engineer will provide engineering, operational support, and administration in an environment with physical and cloud-based technologies. The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of strong experience with VMware vSphere Infrastructure, Blade technologies, Windows Server Operating Systems and cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, P is required.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of virtualization platforms including ESX/ESXi, vCenter, vSphere, etc. in a multi-site environment.
- Strong operational working knowledge with VMWare virtualization products in an enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of AWS EC2 Server technologies, MS Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Provide support for the maintenance, troubleshooting of enterprise blade technologies, and server hardware including HPE OneView/Synergy Server, Cisco UCS, and Dell VxRail technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server technologies support, implementation, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Technologies to include Windows Clustering, AD/GPO, DFS, patch management, and performance monitoring.
- Provide production support. Participate in an on-call rotation
- Operational knowledge of PowerShell / PowerCLI and/or other scripting languages
- Ability to work with Diagnostic tools such as PerfMon, vCenter monitoring, VROps, wireshark.
- Knowledge in networking monitoring/troubleshooting in highly virtualized and cloud environments
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to handle problems independently to resolution.
- Assist with testing and implementation of technology plans created by the engineering team.
- Security: Work closely with various technology tracks to provide a secure compute and application environment.
- Assist with Project support and Administration as assigned.
- Nice to have but not required: Experience with Cloud orchestration software, such as VMWare vRealize Suite (vRA and Orchestrator).
- Certifications: Preferred not required VCP, MCSA, AWS SysOps