To manage and support the contract and commercial aspects of contracts, both managed service and individual supplier agreements ensuring that value for money is delivered from the vendors within the ecosystem.Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage appropriate plan to enable the group to optimize contract value through a consistent, professional approach to contract and relationship management whilst understanding of the broader business objectives and the implications both regionally and globally.
- Deliver commercial and financial clarity for each supplier contract to ensure transparency of spend.
- Assist in the definition, implementation and management of contract and commercial management processes to drive consistency and efficiency across the supplier organizations and vendors varying in size, geography, skill-set and cost in order to drive value.
- Lead a wider team to deliver the day to day contract, commercial management and maintenance of stakeholder plans on behalf of the wider organization.
- Ensure that the agreed governance processes are managed across the organization to provide the assurance that the ecosystem model is operating and delivering commercially as developed.
- Support in the management of contract claim and legal disputes through contract investigation, interpretation and evidence gathering, ensuring that issues are resolved quickly, in National Grid's best interest and without negative impact on third party relationships and the clients reputation.
- Support efforts in identifying and mitigating commercial risks, ensuring compliance with global legislative and regulatory requirements and identifying value add opportunities ensuring best value and the highest levels of performance to enhance supplier relationships.
- Qualifications from: PRINCE2, MSP, APM, PMI, CIPD, PEx LCS 1c or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading teams and influencing a contractor at senior levels and gaining support and commitment from a wider operational group.
- Ability to communicate with all levels up to senior management (Including Band B level) internally and externally to management levels.