Position: Java Developer with Data Flow Exp. Location: Saint Louis, MO Duration: Long Term Contract Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain active relationships with Product Owner to understand business requirements, lead requirement gathering meetings and review designs with the product owner
- Own his backlog items and coordinate with other team members to develop the features planned for each sprint
- Develop strategic design and requirements as a major contributor to a projects' success for large revenue generating systems/products.
- Perform general application design, development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
- Identify improvements in systems and work and participates in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
- Perform technical design reviews and code reviews
- Be Responsible for prototyping, developing, and troubleshooting software in the user interface or service layers
- Perform peer reviews on source code to ensure reuse, scalability and the use of best practices
- Participate in collaborative technical discussions that focus on software user experience, design, architecture, and development
- Perform demonstrations for client stakeholders on project features and sub features, which utilizes the latest Front end and Backend development technologies
- Ability to dive deep and research the solution.
- Self-starter, motivated, and actively learning and researching new methods of work and new technology.
- Work closely with the other onsite and offshore team members
- Provide overlap coverage with onsite/offshore/customer teams.
- Report any issues with the client stakeholders and UST leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- Must have at least 6-8 years of hands-on experience in developing rich applications using Java, Spring, Spring boot, Apache Bean
- Prior working experience in Onsite-Offshore model is a must.
- Experience in developing and deploying Cloud native applications to the Cloud environment (preferably Google Cloud Platform) will be a great plus
- Hands-on expertise with multiple database technologies (Postgres, SQL server, etc.) as well as SQL and related query languages
- Experience in API Development (proper microservice separation, HTTP verb usage) and distributed microservice architectures
- Prior experience in Python development for big data processing e.g Data Flow will be a great plus
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies: HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST, SQL, and JSON
- Working experience in PCollection, PTransform objects
- Experience with or understanding of container services including Docker and Kubernetes will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration /Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and DevOps
- Good experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD etc