- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maintain a Cisco centric network environment, including but not limited to Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Switches and Cisco Wireless
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and escalate to the appropriate vendor when necessary WAN/LAN connections
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Maintain and monitor Dell Storage arrays
- Maintain, monitor and test VMware as it relates to SRM (Site Recovery Manager)
- Execute monthly testing of Disaster Recovery
- Serve as lead technical advisor on disaster recovery planning and testing
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- This position requires extensive, sometimes 24-7 customer interaction, and timely responsiveness to issues and questions
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network procedures and best practices
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools
- Experience with data center networking and networking technologies
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical issues
- Detail oriented, task driven with excellent communication skills
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases
- Must have previous firewall experience