- Monitor and perform process development to assure product quality, timely deliveries, continuing cost-effectiveness and profitability.
- Develop and execute new manufacturing plans and methods, process and tool engineering, and maintenance techniques to maximize productivity, lower costs, and provide high quality.
- Determine capital equipment needs, recommending the purchase of proper equipment, and supervising installation and debugging of equipment to ensure on-time delivery of cost-effective equipment meeting specification and capability requirements.
- Evaluate new product designs, working closely with product engineering, to ensure optimum manufacturing capabilities utilizing Continuous Improvement and designs for manufacturability.
- Validate production processes using statistical methods to provide world-class manufacturing capabilities and maximum effectiveness of equipment.
- Prepare and present project reports, test reports, status and monthly activity reports, and manufacturing studies to keep supervisor fully aware of activities and progress.
- Establish and maintain engineering standards, records and systems to allow proper design, improvement, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Interface with customer engineering departments to ensure that products and processes exceed customer requirements.
- Support and input information for PPAP requirements as required for changes and launches.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by Management.