Job DescriptionWhat would you do? – The Specifics
- Meet or exceed NVI’s sales and company objectives.
- Achieve and maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Accurately process orders for eyewear via the POS/SDS system.
- Take optical measurement for patient eyewear as permitted by state law.
- Coordinate the distribution of eyewear products to patients according to NVI guidelines.
- Assist with dispensing eyeglasses and contact lens to patients, as permitted by state law.
- Perform insertion and removal training of contact lenses to patients as directed by management and permitted by state law.
- Contribute in the marketing of the store by passing out flyers, making PA announcements and participating in Business Builder events.
- Complete inventory count and replenishstock as necessary.
- Maintain visual merchandising according to Brand and Company Standards.
- Mentor potential Apprentice Opticians as permitted by law.
QualificationsAre you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Strong selling skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Obtain/Maintain license, as required by state.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Able to work and interact effectively within a host store environment, adhering to and promoting all host store policies, procedures and regulations.
- In some locations, bilingual abilities desired.
Additional InformationWhat are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our websitewww.nationalvision.comto learn more.