Job DescriptionWhat Would You Do? The Specifics
- Works with Data and Analytics team of project managers, business analysts and enterprise data architects to understand reporting and analytics requirements of the business.
- Performs data profiling/analysis activities that will help understand source/transactional data attributes.
- Designs and develops conceptual, logical and physical data models that are scalable and optimized to meet data warehouse architecture as well as business analytics need.
- Implements and maintains data models for data warehouse and data marts.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation, metadata definition and catalog of the data structures in data warehouse.
- Articulates data modeling principles and guidelines to ETL developers.
- Collaborates with ETL developers to architect and develop ETL processes as per the defined data models.
- Researches, troubleshoots, and resolves data issues impacting reports and dashboard delivery.
- Understands existing data models and optimize for enhanced performance.
- Collaborates with the data and analytics team to suggest efficient and innovative solutions.
- Supports ongoing maintenance of data structures in data warehouse.
- Participates in on-call support, as necessary.
- Four year college degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' experience in data modeling methodologies and techniques (Star schema, snowflake schema etc.) and Database Warehousing Deep understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Experience with information architecture concepts (Master data management, metadata management) Proficiency in data lifecycle and data architecture concepts
- Good understanding of Agile and SDLC methodologies Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and leading practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of Databases (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Netezza Database)
- Proficiency in ETL tools (SAP Data Services, BigQuery Dataflow etc.) Proficiency in cloud datawarehouses (e.g., BigQuery, IBM Netezza performance server, Snowflake etc.) Proficiency in SQL; Ability to understand, modify and write complex SQL queries Experience in any programming language such as Java, Python, Scala
Additional InformationWhat are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our websitewww.nationalvision.comto learn more.No Phone Calls please.NVI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.