Our client is looking to hire a Cashier to join their team. The Cashier will be a member of the team that has the opportunity to make the very last positive impression for our customers. This position is in charge for providing efficient and friendly checkout services to our customers. Checkout does not mean just receiving money from customers; involves ensuring the customer is satisfied with shopping. The ideal candidate likes interacting with people, is inquisitive,can work under pressure, and, most importantly, has a positive can-do attitude.
Salary range: $20000 - $28000 per year.Responsibilities:
- Greet customers and answering questions.
- Receive payment by credit card, debit card, cash, check, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Maintain a clean and orderly checkout area.
- Identify the prices of goods and calculating bills.
- Count the money in the drawer at the beginning of every shift and ensuring there is adequate change.
- Issue change, credit, and refunds.
- Issue receipts and coupons.
- Keep drawer currency sorted, wrapped, and organized.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Able to write, read, and do simple retail math problems.
- Pass a drug test and background check.
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions.
- Must have a flexible schedule.
- Work well with others as a team member.
- Previous experience at Grocery Store or Retail Experience is an asset.
- A passion for serving people.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- This role is not remote.