System Admin / Desktop SupportJob DescriptionResponsible for systems administration, and peripheral support for networks within the organization both the classified and unclassified networks. The systems are currently comprised of approximately 20 servers. The server operating systems are Windows based systems with SQL databases. Some systems are running in a virtual environment using VMWare. The current client operating systems are primarily Windows 7 with anticipation of migration to windows 10 in the future. Provides support for the operation, administration, maintenance, security, and configuration management for the classified and unclassified systems.
- Maintain connectivity of classified and unclassified systems
- Perform system configuration changes and administration of systems as required
- Perform administration of backup solutions to include monthly archiving and off-site storage
- Perform systems administration of all servers to include, but not limited to, the application of the latest security patches and DISA Security Template Installation Guide (STIG) and comply with IAVA directives.
- Perform systems administration of the Active Directory (AD) domain. Computer accounts must be created in accordance with Fort Huachuca NEC computer object naming conventions.
- Provide support in technology refresh, including making recommendations to the Government regarding what technology to replace, solutions for replacement technology, removal of older technology from the network and insertion of the new technology.
- Provide support in the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of approximately 32 network printers, 11 Fax machines, 12 scanners, 8 copiers, and 28 stand-alone printers. Work includes but is not limited to: the replacement of Toner/ink cartridges, fuser kits, and print heads, applying DISA STIG's, clearing of paper jams, troubleshooting errors and contacting vendor maintenance when required.
- Provide assistance in the establishment of VTC connections in absence of Government personnel. Government equipment and training will be provided.
- Provide desktop hardware support consisting of replacement of user peripherals (monitors, keyboard, and mouse).
- Assist users with total replacement of workstations, including imaging workstations IAW the Army Standards
- May be required to work outside of standard duty hours in the event of a system outage or at customer request.