Ranked as a top Fortune 100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for a Site Reliability Engineer to work in your choice of Charlotte or Raleigh NC, Chandler AZ, or NYC. This will initially be a 12 month contract assignment and has potential to extend up to 24 months. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a Fortune 100 company with around $2.0 trillion in assets. Check out the qualifications below. If you feel that you meet these, please apply online. Let us help you make that next great career decision! This position is responsible for senior-level Site Reliability Engineering (Principle Engineer) to work within the enterprise Splunk environment. As a technical thought leader and SRE, you will have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale within a logging and metrics environment, while using your expertise in coding, complexity analysis and large-scale system design. The SRE must adopt and support a culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness.The ideal resource would have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. In addition, would have experience working as a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer in a scaled cloud environment, and have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. Should enjoy writing code and creating automation to manage your services.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of recent systems engineering, software engineering, site reliability, or dev-ops experience in a medium to large scale production Linux or other UNIX environment
- 3+ years' experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket/GitLab, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Ansible, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is desired.
- 3+ years' experience in developing innovative process automation and customer self-service in a Splunk Environment.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
- 5+ years' experience with Linux operating systems internals (e.g., file systems, system calls).
- 1+ years' experience with cloud system fundamentals (Kubernetes, Containers, Virtualization, Automation) and observability techniques for these platforms.
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting system.