GIS TechGDH is looking for GIS Technician for a long-term (2 year) contract with a fantastic client. This position is located in the Tucker, GA area. Our client is looking for someone proficient with ESRI suite of GIS tools with ideally 2 years of related GIS experience or a recent Geography based college graduate with GIS coursework.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 61544 when responding to this ad. GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
- Working knowledge of GIS concepts, including editing environments, mapping projections, data conversion, map production, cartographic design principles, and digitizing
- Knowledge and experience working with enterprise GIS databases
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and initiative