Hola, Greetings for the day Position: Mechanical Design Engineer Location: Phoenix, AZ Duration: Long Term Job Description:
- Responsible for designing and detailing the documentation required for the manufacture of CUSTOMER America products, preparing complete production detail drawings / bills of materials and contributing design modifications to improve the quality of products and/or facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Involves computer aided drafting of mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies with complex parts using Creo software on a PC based computer system, with the highest degree of accuracy, cost-effectiveness and with the highest quality of design.
- Ensure completeness of documentation for mechanical/electrical assemblies, electrical and pneumatic schematics, wiring diagrams for the manufacture of CUSTOMER products
- Generate bills of material and all paperwork required to release documentation to manufacturing for Material Requirements Planning computer system
- Structure bills of material for effective use by Engineering and Manufacturing
- Perform product tolerance studies, make engineering computations and write specifications as required by engineers or supervisor
- Assist in ensuring that corporate design standards are maintained and monitored
- Write and incorporate Engineering Change Orders
- Check own work and that of other designers
- Estimate hours of tasks and report actual hours to manager
- Determine new working methods and write procedures as necessary
- As purchased parts are established, ensure they are drawn or modelled and added to the AutoCAD or Pro/ENGINEER libraries
- Mentor other designers on Pro/ENGINEER and CUSTOMER processes