A NYS agency located in New York, NY is looking for a Technical Writer for a 12 month contract.Requirements and skills
- Excellent written and good communication skills are required, as well as a strong analytical ability and experience with PC and/or Macintosh application programs.
- Finally, the consultant that is hired must be innovative, creative, and adaptable.
- Report writing experience
- This position will be responsible for the development and communication of highly complex and technical information related to new and modified technology products and services to a non-technical audience.
- The consultant will work with technical staff to develop content for IT communications as needed, including- IT Project Status Reporting, IT Newsletter, IT Monthly Tips, Develop Surveys and Synthesize results for management attention and action.
- They will review and approve Service Advisories and support the dissemination of emergency IT Communications, and Cybersecurity messages and alerts to the agency audience .
- In many cases, they will support the distribution of IT messages through how-to videos, graphics and other broadcast channels.
- Along with the IT Communications team, this position will manage email shared accounts used to distribute IT messages.