Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details on. Title: Information Security Specialist Location: Los Angeles, CA Duration: Fulltime Job Description:
- Customer is looking for an Information/Cloud Security Specialist to operate and maintain their information security systems.
- You will be responsible for preventing unauthorized access to our data and responding to security incidents, as well as helping to create a culture of security in the organization.
- In this role, you should be knowledgeable about security frameworks, tools and systems, especially in a cloud first environment. If you're also a problem-solver and quick decision-maker, we'd like to meet you.
- Incorporate Security measures in the SDLC process.
- Your primary goal will be to ensure that customer's technology infrastructure is well-protected.
- Analyze IT specifications to assess security risks
- Design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans Install, configure and upgrade security software (for endpoints and servers)
- Secure networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems Inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access.
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams.
- Act on breaches and malware threats.
- Serve as a security expert and conduct trainings when needed.
- Advise and support development teams on security processes and best practices especially for cloud deployed workloads.
- Help draft policies and guidelines.
- Experience working as Security Specialist in Azure Cloud Environment and .NET based applications
- Experience with set up of Virtual Private Cloud, experience with cloud App Scans.
- Familiarity with security frameworks and risk management methodologies Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Experience with common Device Management tools and systems
- Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations Strong project management skills a plus
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS)
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field; professional certification (e.g. SANS GIACIAIH, CISSP, CCSP or CASP) is a plus
- Security fundamentals for systems and architectures in Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Cloud providers
- Programming skills (.NET Based) are a plus (e.g. knowledge of PowerShell and other scripting languages)