Role: Solution Architect - (AWS/ Enterprise/Application) Location: Herndon, VA (Remote until covid over) Duration: 12 months + High possibility of extension The Solution Architect role applies vast experience of system architectures, application technologies, data architectures, and infrastructures to support key IT initiatives. The candidate must apply their knowledge of IT best practices appropriately to define IT solutions. The individual must possess the ability to analyze solutions and technologies and provide solution architecture based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs. Required Skills:
- Architecture experience in AWS (understanding the need)
- Architecture skills ability to assign applications for the nonfunctional need
- Security & integration from onprem to AWS skills
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or other engineering discipline
- 5+ years as an "enterprise/application architect", responsible for making key decisions on software architecture.
- 3+ years hands on application solution design experience in AWS using AWS native services
- 2+ years Data Analytics solutioning experience in AWS cloud using AWS native services (EMR, Redshift, Athena etc.), Apache Spark framework and using Python, or R.
- 2+ years' experience on selecting, architecture reviewing, integration architecture with SaaS/COTS solutions
- 2+ years' experience with application security architecture for applications and SaaS solutions
- 5+ years providing solutions based on Enterprise Integration patterns, Event Driven Architecture, API, Web services, SOA and Micro Services
- AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional certification and with hands on experience
- Hands-on Java or Python prior design and development experience
- Good understanding of Enterprise data containers including TDS, ODS, Data warehouse, DataMart and Enterprise Data Lake
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or Netezza
- Experience with application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic
- 5+ years' experience with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, demand, continuity, etc.
- 2+ years' experience in architecting application resiliency at component level and for Disaster recovery