Manpower Engineering is seeking a Structural Steel/Welding & Fabrication Supervisor Engineer for our client in the Greensboro/Winston Salem, NC area. Direct hire/perm position.Overview of job duties:
- Supervise structural steel department to include welding and fabrication
- Day-to day management and supervision consisting of manual welding, spot welding, robotic welding and grinding teams spanning two shifts in a fast-paced production environment (have robotic plasma equipment and will be adding a robotic welding system this year).
- Proactively improve existing or develop new welding processes, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing operations, engineering, estimating, quality.
- Define and document welding procedures, work instructions, tooling requirements to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification requirements, restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, inspections and, equipment maintenance.
- Monitor and control efficiency regarding production processes.
- Meet project schedule and ensure product meets quality standards.
- Promote and enforce safety policies and lead morning safety team meetings.
- Identify problems and implement solutions relating to quality, schedule, safety, product design, changing customer requirements, cost improvements, and measure results.
- Be an active member of the plant safety/chemical response team.
- Track and manage budget throughout the production cycle.
- Ensure all equipment is operational and periodic maintenance is current and documented.
- Review drawing packages prior to project start date to ensure all information is present and correct.
- Perform various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Any other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- Knowledge of A.I.S.C., welding, metallurgy, structural steel, blue prints, and paint processes preferred.
- Welding experience to include familiarity of weld standards and weld system standards, weld instruction
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of applicable product design.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing processes.
- Personal computer skills - ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Google Workspace.
- Knowledgeable in safety and Hazardous materials requirements and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, coaching, and problem solving.
- Skilled in plant safety and construction requirements.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, people, and functions.
- Accept every challenge to meet product specifications.
- Vision for success and the ability to develop quality employees.