Linux/ AIX Engineer/ Unix Engineer Detroit, MI Long-term Contract Responsibilities will be to support migration of file transfers from the client application to a 3rd party platform. These are the primary Managed File Transfer solutions at the client for all internal and external file transfers. This position will perform consultation with project teams, perform research related to existing file transfer setups, initiate outreach to internal and external contacts based on the results of the research, and provide application support in both the current and target solution environments. Education and/or Experience:
- 3-6 years of experience with Linux or UNIX, including AIX and rhel.
- Experience with the support of file transfer systems.
- Functional knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Protocols: SSH, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, Email, SMTP, SMB, GPG, HTTP(s), and cron.
- OS: Unix command line interface and shell scripting.
- Experience with Web Servers, CGI, and SQL
- Languages: C coding and analysis
- Help desk and other relevant experiences highlighting customer interactions and communications skills